End the year on a high and join us at The Idle Rocks for a wonderful, Cornish Christmas celebration, by the sea.
Voted the best seaside resort in the UK, the magical coastal village of St Mawes is steeped in historic and seasonal tradition, making it the perfect spot to enjoy Christmas.
For more information and to enquire about availability please call reservations 01326 270 270
Kick-starting the celebrations on Christmas Eve, we invite you to soak up the charm of the area with a wine tasting of our finest flavours.
Having worked up an appetite, Dorian Janmaat, Executive Head Chef, treats you to a delicious 3-course dinner. For a traditional end to the evening, you can attend Midnight Mass at St Just in Roseland Church, regarded as ‘the most beautiful churchyard in England’.
On Christmas Day, awake to find yourself in the most idyllic area of Cornwall. The Fal Estuary is the perfect backdrop to exchange gifts and start the day with a full Cornish breakfast. Before your Christmas Day feast, take the opportunity to enjoy a crisp walk along the picturesque harbour or perhaps a festive tipple in the lounge.
Savour the afternoon with Her Majesty the Queen’s Christmas Day Speech, and a handful of special elements to surprise and delight.
To end an unforgettable day, test your mettle in the infamous 2021 Christmas quiz and a festive supper.
Boxing Day starts at a leisurely pace with brunch, then the day is yours to enjoy. An extraordinary Boxing Day dinner awaits you in the evening to top off the festivities in style.
Then during your stay enjoy a visit to The Lost Gardens of Heligan, a mysterious botanical garden and wildlife lovers’ paradise. Plus, get cosy in the Hidden Cinema with three festive screenings a day.
Your Cornish Christmas includes
- Arrival Thursday 23rd December or Friday 24th December for 4 nights
- Mini festive Afternoon Tea on the day of arrival
- 3-course dinner on Thursday 23rd December or Monday 27th December (depending on your arrival date)
- Wine Tasting on Christmas Eve in The Idle Rocks restaurant at 4pm
- 3-course dinner on Christmas Eve
- Transport to Midnight Mass at St Just in Roseland Church
- Christmas Day Feast (served 12 – 3)
- Festive Supper on Christmas Evening (served 7 – 9.30)
- Boxing Day Brunch (9 – 1)
- Visit to The Lost Gardens of Heligan during your stay
- 5-course dinner on Boxing Day (served 6 – 8)
- Mince pies, mulled wine, festive movies in The Hidden Cinema & activities throughout
- Cornish Breakfast each morning
Our Village Hideaway Rooms are characterful and unique, with village across St Mawes village.
£1,230.00 per person
HARBOUR VIEW ROOM
Our Harbour Views Rooms are all individually designed, with luxurious bathrooms.
£1,340.00 per person
Our Seaview Rooms are generously proportioned with spectacular views over the water.
£1,420.00 per person
GRAND SEAVIEW ROOM
Our largest and most luxurious rooms, and very popular with our guests.
£1,480.00 per person
Terms and Conditions
Prices are noted per person & based on two people sharing a double room
Based on 4 nights, arriving 23rd or 24th December
Package cannot be taken in conjunction with any other offer or promotion
Standard booking and cancellation terms apply