- To work with the senior management team to drive our Restaurant standards and service throughout the hotel, team and local community.
- Establish yourself as a senior member of our management team.
- To develop a culture of building rapport with our guests in line with the brand values and the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- To drive in revenue and equally to control costs within the F&B department to ensure an effective and profitable operation.
- Hospitality related qualifications are desirable, however not compulsory should your experiences prevail.
- You must have worked in a similar hotel environment previously, and have some managerial experience within a Restaurant environment managing a team of at least 15 staff.
- Fully competent in the use of EPOS systems, electronic restaurant reservations systems, and some experience in PMS.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Understand the importance of structure and being organised and conducts this consistently in their daily tasks.
- Excellent operational understanding, always looking for ways of bettering the operation and efficiencies.
- Passionate about training, learning and development of their team, understanding the importance of this when it comes to continual improvement of the business.
- Ability to inspire people by leading from the front, with a ‘come with me’ style of management as opposed to a ‘do as I say’ style.
- Ability to be empathic with guests in order to truly understand their desires and needs.
- Great personality, warm and welcoming by nature.
- Proactive individual who responds rather than reacts to the needs of the hotel and its guests.
- Dedicated and committed to their current role, as well as their own development and progression within the hospitality business.
- The hotel will depend on our Assistant Restaurant Manager to be 100% committed to the success of the whole hotel, not just F&B, someone who can be operationally very hands on and willing to work closely with the team, whilst still standing apart from the team as their leader. Consistency in delivery must be driven from someone who has a sound operational understanding and ability to be structured and organised, as well as the aptitude to lead people and to be the host to our guests.
Values & Attitude
- A relaxed willingness to respond to challenges with a “can do” attitude.
- A commitment to achieving the best possible solutions.
- Creative problem solver, and sees ‘problems’ as ‘opportunities’ .
- Flexible approach – understanding that the hotel environment requires flexibility in terms of the role, always being guest focused and being willing to conduct tasks out with the F&B department should there be a business need to do so.
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to Brad@stmawes.com
Early applications are appreciated.